It takes about 10-15 minutes, you need your social security number, and use your personal email (not your PV email). Visit with your PV counselor when you receive the acceptance email or letter from SJC. We will go over the dual credit registration process and get that started. As soon as you receive the acceptance email or letter you can sign-up online to take Accuplacer--if it's required for the class(es) you want to take. Go to the Accuplacer page to learn about the test, access preparation materials, and schedule your Accuplacer. Links are below.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Apply online and receive acceptance email or letter.
2. Get the dual credit paperwork from your PV counselor, sign, have parent sign, and then return the paperwork to your counselor.
3. Decide which class(es) you want to take.
4. Sign-up and take Accuplacer (if required for the class you want).
5. Complete the online orientation.
6. Take your Accuplacer scores to meet with your PV counselor and get an SJC Add/Drop form.
7. Take the Add/Drop form to the SJC Dual Credit Office or SJC Enrollment Services and register for your class(es). They will give you two copies of your SJC schedule.
8. Take a photo ID and SJC schedule to pick-up your book(s) in the SJC library.
9. Give a copy of your SJC schedule to your PV counselor.
Will you be driving next year? You must have your own transportation to take a class on the SJC campus.