THE TIME IS NOW...
Getting Started With Dual Credit
Have you applied to San Juan College yet?
New SJC students begin registering for summer and/or fall classes on May 1, but there are several things that you need to do first, ie application, Dual Credit Orientation, Accuplacer, figure out what class you want to take.
It takes about 10-15 minutes, you need your social security number, and use your personal email (not your PV email). As soon as you receive the acceptance email or letter you should schedule an appointment online to take Accuplacer--if it's required for the class(es) you want to take. Go to the Accuplacer page to learn about the test, access preparation materials, and schedule your Accuplacer. Links are below.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Apply online and receive acceptance email or letter
2. Get the dual credit paperwork from your PV counselor, sign, have parent sign, and then return the paperwork to your counselor
3. Decide which class(es) you want to take
4. Sign-up and take Accuplacer (if required for the class you want)
5. Enroll in and complete Dual Credit Orientation (see SJC Dual Credit web page)
6. Take Accuplacer scores to your PV counselor and he/she can help you decide on classes, if needed
7. Register for your class(es) online
8. Pick-up your book(s)
9. Give a copy of your SJC schedule to your PV counselor - this step is required to make adjustments to your PV schedule
Will you be driving next year? You must have your own transportation to take a class on the SJC campus.
Here are some helpful links:
See you soon!
Mr. Booker - sophomores, juniors, and seniors whose last name begin with A-F
Mrs. Trilli - sophomores, juniors, and seniors whose last name begin with G-M
Mrs. Styron - sophomores, juniors, and seniors whose last name begin with N-Z