Picking the right class for you may begin with the following questions:
1. What do you plan to do after high school? ie, college, technical school, military, job, couch potato (jk)
2. If you are going to college, what do you want to major in?
3. Is your high school priority the highest possible GPA or the most FREE college credits? Usually these are at odds with one another.
4. Do you have transportation to the SJC campus?
5. Do you prefer to focus on academic college courses or career/vocational courses? ie, English, math, science, social studies vs. welding, automotive, culinary, cosmetology, etc.
Think about the answers to these questions and let's talk! :) Email your counselor after you have applied and been accepted to SJC (see the 'Getting Started With Dual Credit' web page. Your counselor will send for you.
We look forward to visiting with you soon.
Have a wonderful day,
PVHS School Counselors
Rachel Yazzie - Freshmen
Cherilynn Shorty - Sophomores-Seniors (Last name A-F)
Kelly Trilli - Sophomores-Seniors (Last name G-M)
Madeline Styron - Sophomores-Seniors (Last name N-Z)
Parents are encouraged to communicate with their student's counselor at 505-599-8880 (plus extension number) or Pattie Trevizo, Guidance Secretary, at 505-599-8776.
9TH GRADE COUNSELOR (A-Z) : Rachel Yazzie via email at: email@example.com, or phone extension 3228