April 15 - Registration for continuing SJC students
April 22 - Registration for new SJC students
Getting Started With Dual Credit
Have you applied to San Juan College yet?
New SJC students begin registering for next semester soon, but there are several things that you need to do first, ie online application, paperwork, figure out what class you want to take, get SJC Add/Drop slip from your PV counselor.
It takes about 10-15 minutes, you need your social security number, and use your personal email (not your PV email). Visit with your PV counselor when you receive the acceptance email or letter from SJC. We will go over the dual credit registration process and get that started. As soon as you receive the acceptance email or letter you can take the completed Dual Credit Enrollment Approval Form to the SJC Dual Credit Office (under the clock tower).
Here are the basic steps:
1. Apply online and receive acceptance email or letter.
2. Get the dual credit paperwork from your PV counselor, sign, have parent sign, and then return the paperwork to your counselor. Take the completed DCEAF to dual credit office.
3. Decide which class(es) you want to take.
4. Meet with your PV counselor and get an SJC Add/Drop form.
7. Take the Add/Drop form to the SJC Dual Credit Office or SJC Enrollment Services and register for your class(es). They will give you two copies of your SJC schedule.
8. Take a photo ID and SJC schedule to pick-up your book(s) in the SJC library.
9. Give a copy of your SJC schedule to your PV counselor.
Will you be driving next year? You must have your own transportation to take a class on the SJC campus.