PVHS 11th Grade College Prep Checklist
• Junior year will probably be your most challenging year. Make sure you stay on top of your classes this year and stay motivated.
• Check PSAT dates and register for the exam this fall. See your academic counselor if you need a fee waiver.
• Study for the ACT/SAT throughout the year. You will take the test this spring and need to be prepared.
• Make sure you are involved with at least one extracurricular activity. This year and next you should consider moving into a leadership role within the organization
• Write/update your resume
• Create a list of people from whom you will request college and scholarship letters of recommendation.
• Attend the PVHS College Fair.
• Plan credit recovery with your advisor if needed
• Campus visits if possible
• Update your list of colleges
• Take PSAT
• Campus visit for Thanksgiving break if you have the time
• Check ACT dates for the spring and decide which test you will take
• Make a list of questions you need to ask to college representatives
•Keep an eye on your grades make sure you are passing all of your classes before finals week
•Take a practice test for ACT/SAT